- Upgrading from any Beta and RC versions to System Center Essentials 2007 RTM isn’t supported.
- Windows 2000 SP4 clients need to connect to windows update to update the Windows Update client with the last version.
- Explicitly configure a proxy server in your Internet Explorer connection settings to be able to import a third party update catalog when proxy server setting required integrated Windows authentication.
- A remote SQL Server 2005 instance must not installed on Domain controller.
- Remove the SQL Native Client using Add or Remove Programs, if you get the error message: "An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'.", and re-run the installation.
- In SQL Server Workgroup Edition, turn off Address Windowing Extensions (AWE) before the installation.
- Install IIS with ASP.NET before install NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 3.0, else you need to re-register ASP.NET 2.0 and 3.0
- Stop the WSUS 2 synchronization before SCE installation, if you are upgrading from WSUS 2 to SCE 2007.
- Ensure there is no computer group in WSUS called All Clients and All Servers before installation, else delete it.
- If you upgrade from WSUS 3 RC to SCE 2007, you need to reassign the certificate to the WSUS Administration Web site after upgrade.
- Don’t use compressed drive for your installation locations.
- You need to use Configure local policy on the DC to point to the Essentials 2007 management server, if the domain controller of a trusted domain fails to pick up the Essentials 2007 managed computers policy.
- To use domain policy, install the GPMC on the Essentials 2007 management server.
- Don’t use SQL Server Reporting Services (SRS) instance that is configured to use SSL during Essentials 2007 setup.
- Ensure the printer spooler service is enabled on a managed computer to enable inventory collection.
- You will not be able to generate charts if you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, else reinstall SCE with other SQL version.
- Remove the self-signed certificate from the default Web site before installing the Essentials 2007 management server.
- After setup has completed successfully, re-assign the self-signed certificate to the default Web site.
- At this time you can not install SCE 2007 if your domain netbois name not the same as FQDN, this issue will be fixed soon
Sunday, May 6, 2007
System Center Essentials 2007 Installation tips and tricks
the following points are required to be checked before start installtion SCE 2007: